October is National Audiology Awareness and Protect Your Hearing Month. In honor of a month dedicated to the work that we celebrate every day, we’re collecting tools and resources that you can use this month– and year round– to share awareness for audiology and hearing loss.
- American Academy of Audiology has great printable bookmarks here. They also have a comprehensive list of fact sheets, PSAs, web tools and more.
- Crossword puzzles, word searches and coloring sheets can be found on HowsYourHearing.org.
- We’re collecting a board of hearing loss books on Pinterest here. What are you reading?
- You can visit a collection of the stories of those with bone anchored hearing devices here. Have a story to share? Let us know!
- One of the greatest benefits of the web is the wonderful communities that have grown online. Here’s a list of support groups, user groups and forums for those interested in or dealing with hearing loss.
- A community that stands out from the list above is Ear Community. Ear Community Founder Melissa Tumblin shares valuable information daily on the organization’s Facebook Page here.
Do you have a suggestion for this list? Please let us know in the comments section below or on Facebook or Twitter. Our goal is for the list to represent a collection from the whole community! #hearingawareness